Magpie Groot Karoo Room Accommodation
The Magpie Groot Karoo Room is a spacious room with a large bathroom en suite that is decorated by our talented neighbours, the Magpie Art Collective. Barrydale’s globally successful artists create their trademark light-fitting sculptures entirely from waste. These are made anew every year for the room, and the Karoo Art Hotel gives them free reign to play with wall and floor textures.
Magpie’s wonderful showroom is situated diagonally across from the hotel and is open on Sunday mornings for shopping!
The bathroom features a spacious shower.
All our rates includes a hearty Karoo breakfast and VAT.
All Groot Karoo rooms are located on the first floor (access by staircase – no lifts in Barrydale!) and include:
- Fans for summertime
- Gas heaters and electric blankets for wintertime
- Ample easy-accessible multi-plugs
- Hair dryers
- Filter coffee and tea-making facilities
- Excellent reading lights on both sides of the bed
- Free Wi-Fi in the room
- Flatscreen TV with selected DSTV channels